Valentine’s Day has got a bad rap over the years but can be a great day to help your kids celebrate friendship, love, caring and being kind to one another.
From baking and making cards to other arts and crafts, your kids can make something special for all the ones they love in their lives. Here are BubbleBum’s top cute Valentine ideas that will keep your kids busy for hours!
First of all everyone loves a handmade card on Valentine’s Day. All you need is pink card, scissors, glue, various bits of coloured paper and a pen.
- Fold the pink card in half and draw a large heart shape in the centre of the card on the front.
- Write on the front of the card above the heart ‘I LOVE YOU’ and write below the card ‘TO PIECES’
- Cut the coloured paper into little hearts, squares or circles
- Glue the pieces of coloured paper into your drawn heart shape
- Write your lovely Valentines message inside the card and it is ready to go!
Roses are a great Valentine’s Day gift! All you need to make your own bunch of roses is: red paint, white paper, green paint, ribbon and glue.
- On the white paper paint a stem and leaves for your flowers, you can paint as many as you like.
- Help your child to paint their hands red, these will make the lovely flowers! Your child should make a hand print at the end of each stem.
- Tie the ribbon in a bow and glue it to flower stems
- When dry you will have a lovely bunch of roses 😊
Sweet treats are a perfect way to show someone you care, and these homemade strawberry chocolate bites will go down a treat! You will need – muffin cases, white and milk chocolate, strawberries and sugar strands.
- Separate the muffin cases and melt the milk chocolate, pour a little milk chocolate into the base of each muffin case.
- Place a washed strawberry into the melted chocolate and pour milk chocolate over the rest of the strawberry resting in the case.
- Sprinkle on sugar strands and let them set.
- Melt the white chocolate and drizzle over each strawberry.
- Let these set and you will have delicious strawberry chocolate bites!
The next craft is a cute one for the kids to share with their friends – Love Bugs! All you need is some empty bags of candy like M&M’s or Skittles, clothes pegs, red paint, a black marker and drain cleaners.
- Paint the clothes pegs red with the red paint and let dry.
- With the black pen draw on eyes and a smile to the top of the peg.
- Attach the drain cleaners to top of the peg to make the bugs feelers
- Now use the peg and pinch the centre of the candy bag to make wings.
- You will now have a lovely sweet love bug
There are many things you can do this valentines day from lovely letters to special handcrafted gifts.
BubbleBum would love you to share your lovely Valentine’s crafts ideas with us!