latest bubblebum news
A lot of our buddies contacted us asking how to install their BubbleBum car booster seat correctly in the vehicle using the shoulder belt positioning clip, so we put together a quick demo video using our fanbubbletastic mini model, Anna. Check it out below:
BubbleBum, the award-winning inflatable car booster seat featured on The Doctors ‘Baby Boom’ segment.
Each and every audience member ( all expectant moms to be) received a BubbleBum car booster seat as part of The Doctors HUGE audience giveaway! Check it out below:
Home Business Magazine has done an article on our CEO Grainne Kelly and how the BubbleBum Booster Seat has revolutionised the travel industry.
Mom Invents the BubbleBum Inflatable Car Booster Seat
By Shannah Henderson
Mompreneur Grainne Kelly invented BubbleBum, the first inflatable car booster seat, as a way for travelers to safely transport their kids. She came up with the idea while traveling back and forth between her native Ireland and England to visit a sick relative. “I always had to carry cumbersome, rigid car seats on the flights due to the lack of car booster seats available from car rental desks,” she shares. “I knew this was a challenge faced by many on-the-go parents, so I invented BubbleBum as THE lightweight, portable, and inflatable solution!”
Prior to creating BubbleBum, Grainne worked as a home-based travel agent. She developed BubbleBum on the side and was able to take the concept to shelf in 9 months, including product development, crash testing, and marketing. For the first six months on the market, Grainne shipped her online orders from her home. Now, BubbleBum has a Florida office, an office in Ireland, and a network of distributors in 27 countries.
BubbleBum’s primary customer is a parent, grandparent, or someone who cares for children. Grainne mainly uses public relations to market to this demographic. “We have been on national television and in the press many times due to our compelling story,” she says. “After the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety named us the ‘Best Bet Booster,’ we received coverage on the front page of Today, The Wall Street Journal, CNN, and Fox News. This led to more people blogging about BubbleBum in the US and afar.”
Grainne says she is more productive working from home without other people’s distractions, and that it gives her the advantage of being there when her kids get home from school. “More often than not, I miss the milestone events for my kids like sports days,” Grainne says. “It is important to be there for one meal a day and at bedtime, as this is when they tell me everything, ‘warts ‘n all’.”
Grainne’s biggest business achievement was launching BubbleBum in over 2000 Walmart stores nationwide in February 2014, but she has even bigger plans for the future. “In the next three years, I would like the business to turn over $20 million each year and sell into Russia, China, and Korea. We want to see every child on a car booster seat on EVERY journey.” Visit www.bubblebum.us
In the run up to Christmas when travelling is a major issue and money can be tight, Red Tricycle has complied a list of the best travel gear in the market for under $30. We’re proud to say that BubbleBum’s Inflatable Car Booster Seat has made the list.
Have a look at the full list here.
The great folks over at Moms Magazine have talked to our CEO Grainne Kelly about road trips over the holiday season and how to make them run as smoothly as possible, check out what Grainne had to say below:
10 Ways To Make Holiday Family Road Trips Fun & Memorable
The holidays are here and many parents are gearing up for long road trips with the kids in tow to grandma’s house and other family members’ homes. The very thought of a road trip can bring forth dread and panic for even the most easy-going parent, but I’m here to tell you that if you’re armed with some great ideas, supplies, and a game plan, you can turn the trip into a fun and memorable event for everyone! The key is in the planning.
Here are 10 ideas to make your family road trip a lot more fun:
1. Wrapped Activities — Hit up your favorite dollar store/dollar bins for inexpensive activities for the kids. To make it more fun and exciting, wrap them up! Let them open one each hour, as it will give them something to look forward to and enjoy.
2. Road Trip Bingo — Print off a few bingo cards and choose between roadside bingo and vehicle bingo. This is a great game for kids ages 5 and up and will keep them busy for a long time. Bring along pennies for game pieces.
3. Rest Stop Adventures — Yes, a rest stop can be fun! Many modern rest stops have play areas so the kids can get out of the car and burn off some energy. Some have maps and area information inside as well. Make a game of collecting maps from each state you drive through.
4. Little Photographers — My kids love to get their photos taken in the different states we visit. Most rest stops have a “Welcome To…” sign with the state name in it, which is perfect for these photos. Give your kiddos cheap disposable cameras and let them take photos of what they want as well. You can also find a landmark in the area you are traveling through, take a photo of your kids in front of it, and post to Facebook. Ask your Facebook friends if they can guess where you are. This is especially fun for kids ages 7 and up.
5. Books on CD — Make a trip to the library before your trip and load up on free books on CD! My kids really enjoy their favorite chapter books on CD. A great side effect is a quiet, peaceful car with no tattling or sibling fights.
6. White Boards & Dry Erase Markers — White boards with colorful markers can keep kids (preschooler-aged and up) entertained for a long time. From Tic-Tac-Toe to Hangman, to drawing pictures of the scenery, the possibilities for entertainment are endless. You can also challenge them with spelling words! I recommend bringing along some baby wipes to clean the board and Crayola brand dry erase markers, as they don’t stain.
7. Felt Activity Boards — Buy inexpensive baking sheets for the base and cut out different felt patterns for your kids—your children can dress a snowman, play with doll patterns, create a road scenery with cars, etc. Put the different patterns in Ziploc bags and let the kids swap the different patterns for hours of fun.
8. Homemade Goop — Homemade silly putty is great for non-residue play dough. You can use it to create shapes, stretch into snakes, imprint the bottom of their sippy cups, and so much more. Use a cheap baking sheet for a goop lap table.
9. Flashlight Light Show — Give each kiddo a mini flashlight and once it gets dark, they can have a light show on the ceiling or back of the car seat.
10. Portable DVD Players/iPads/Kindle — Games and activities are fun, but everyone needs a little quiet time and something to pass by the hours. Load up the iPad with educational and fun games and include lots of family-friendly movies the whole family will enjoy. I strongly suggest headphones,
Enjoy your road trip & Happy Holidays!
Grainne Kelly is a Safe Kids USA certified CPST, family travel expert, and the inventor of BubbleBum, the first ever inflatable booster seat that has made traveling easier than ever! Weighing in at less than one pound, BubbleBum can deflate in minutes making it simple to throw in a backpack or large purse. For more info, visit BubbleBum.us. You can also follow them on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram.
The great folks over at LuxeRecess.com have compiled a list of the best car seat for travel, and BubbleBum Car Booster Seat had been included in their Booster Seat Category.
Have a look at their site by clicking on the link below to see the full article.
The awesome workingmother.com has featured BubbeBum as part of its Family Travel Essentials Giveaway. Head over to their site to enter, and good luck!
We have gotten together with Moms Blog Society who have recommended BubbleBum for all your travelling needs this Holiday Season.
Plan on traveling with kids this holiday season? With the Bubble Bum inflatable booster seat you can travel lighter and easier— with much less bulk.
The Bubble Bum is made of a sturdy, heavy fabric yet doesn’t weigh a lot at all. It’s made to carry in a handy travel bag and inflate quickly for use with 4-7 year olds (40 – 100 pounds) when you’re traveling, in a car, on an airplane, or other vehicle where you need safety yet don’t want to have to tote around a heavy, bulky car seat.
When inflating your 13-inch Bubble Bum, you twist the lockable valve and blow air into it until it’s reached maximum size. And once you’ve reached your destination, twist that valve again to expel the air, fold up your Bubble Bum and place it in the included travel bag for safe keeping.
Rated a “Best Bet” Booster by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS), Winner of many awards including the The National Parenting Center Seal of Approval.
IS THE BUBBLE BUM SAFE?
The BubbleBum booster seat is ECE regulation R44/04 approved for safety which is great. It’s designed so that the the 3-point harness is in the correct position for your child. One main aspect of the Bubble Bum’s 3-point belt is to protect your child’s abdomen. In this way, the seat belt is set in the lap position and not across their tummy. Depending on your child’s height, they may or may not need a belt adjuster to prevent the seat belts shoulder strap from rubbing their neckline.
Surprisingly the Bubble Bum is rather comfortable too. The only down side is there is no anti-slip padding on the bottom for added security but overall it’s a great product.
Available in Black, Purple, Chevron/Neon Pink and Chevron Neon Yellow.
The major benefit of the Bubble Bum is that it folds flat and can be carried by your child or tucked away in your luggage, a back pack or tote bag for easy portability. This product makes the perfect travel solution during the holidays!
BubbleBum’s cool and funky design appeals to kids, parents love the convenience and ease of use.
Cutting Edge Companies BubbleBum & Pinwheels Join Forces to Bring Outstanding Transportation Service and Safety to Children in the San Francisco Metro Area.
BubbleBum is thrilled to announce their newest partnership with San Francisco-based company “Pinwheels”—a reimagined, modern alternative to the traditional yellow school bus idea. Pinwheels provides safe, caring transportation service to children for school drop-offs/pick-ups, trips to extra-curricular activities and more. After carefully testing many booster seat options, Pinwheels chose BubbleBum as their exclusive booster seat provider for all Pinwheel vehicles. So get your kids on-board Pinwheel and rest assured your child is safe and sound in a BubbleBum Booster Seat.
BubbleBum Founder and CEO, Grainne Kelly, said, “We are delighted that Pinwheels have chosen BubbleBum exclusively for their fantastic transportation service. This new service in San Francisco will not only give parents peace of mind that their kids will be transported safely but they will also be traveling in the appropriate child restraint.”
Pinwheels Founder, Chad Nam, commented, “We are extremely excited to announce our new partnership with BubbleBum, Pinwheels’ exclusive provider of vehicle booster seats. BubbleBum booster seats are rated a “Best Bet” by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, and because they’re portable and inflatable, they are a perfect fit for Pinwheels. Together we will revolutionize youth transportation and move children forward.”
A Little Background on Pinwheels of San Francisco:
- Founded in March 2014, Pinwheels is a youth-focused transportation solution for busy families. We connect a family to home, school, afterschool – and everything in between.
- Just tell them where to go, when to be there, how many riders, and how frequently you’ll need them and they’ll do the rest.
- Pinwheels partners with local schools to provide transportation services for more “out of the classroom learning” in San Francisco.
- They combine the safety of a traditional yellow school bus with the point-to-point delivery of a personal transportation service.
- Pinwheels drivers are First-Aid trained, TrustLine (CA’s only authorized screening program) registered and CHP certified to transport children.
- Pinwheels provides tools for parents to stay connected to their children, such as, GPS tracking, on board camera for real-time video stream and confirmation notification for pickups and drop-offs.
Visit Pinwheels for more information and tell them BubbleBum sent you!